Monday, May 12, 2008

The Pasture - by: Robert Frost



I'm going out to clean the pasture spring;
I'll only stop to rake the leaves away
(And wait to watch the water clear, I may):
I shan't be gone long. - You come too.
I'm going out to fetch the little calf
That's standing by the mother. It's so young
It totters when she licks it with her tongue.
I shan't be gone long. - You come too.




JACK from Room 105 - Miss Stretchberry, writes:

I really really really
did NOT get
the pasture poem
you read today.
I mean:
somebody's going out
to the pasture
to clean the spring
and to get
the little tottery calf
while he's out there
and he isn't going
to be gone long
and he wants YOU
(who is YOU?)
to come too.


I mean REALLY.

And you said that
Mr. Robert Frost
who wrote
about the pasture
was also the one
who wrote about
those snowy woods
and the miles to go
before he sleeps-
well!

I think Mr. Robert Frost
has a little
too
much
time
on his
hands.

No comments: